Here’s your latest round-up of tech and tech related news stories throughout the web! Grab a cup of coffee (free if you’re at MiamiShared right now) and enjoy!
- Trekkie or not, the Tricorder project is pretty rad and would definitely improve the way geologists, archaeologists, and other scientists collect and record data : Researcher publishes specs for real Linux-powered Star Trek tricorder (via Ars Technica)
- Suffering from tech-overload? Too many electronic devices taking over your household, car, and wallet? Here’s a few tips to help you out : Why you should simplify your tech lifestyle (via Lockergnome)
- We’ve all been there – No headphones but no one else around you wants to hear what you want to listen to. Introducing the Soundlazer, the solution to every audiophile’s public problem that might come true if only you’d make a small contribution : Insert Coin: Soundlazer speaker plays music with extreme focus (via Engadget)
- What does it mean when a private corporation is given a warrant to raid cyber criminals? : Microsoft raid targets cyber Mafia intel (via CNN)
- For startups looking to save time, money, and a headache – a nifty video to help with it all : Three ways to pick the best software for your startup (via Entrepreneur)
- We know, we know. You’re not a fan of change. But we promise it won’t hurt! : Reminder: All Facebook pages getting timeline tomorrow (via ZDNET)
- If you’re looking to watch a movie while sitting in paradise (rather than watching a movie about paradise), look no further. The Archipelago Cinema‘s got you covered : This floating movie theater might just be the coolest place on earth (via Yahoo)
- Follow along Eric Mack’s tireless quest to bring “broadband to the boonies” in this 4 part series : In rural New Mexico, no 3G for me (via CNET)
- You can finally one-up all your artist friends with this nifty little gadget : This Arduino-powered robot doodles better than a spirograph (via PCWorld)
Have any suggestions on what else we can include in this weekly segment? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!